Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Packing For South Africa!!


"We travel not to escape life, but so that life does not escape us."

Well as you can tell by the title of this post, I'm headed to South Africa. Cape Town to be exact! I'm leaving in about 2 weeks, so I've already began packing. This trip is based around my international community health nursing class in which I will be receiving 6 credit hours from my University. I've traveled abroad many times, and its always been with family. This is my first trip with a group, so I'm definitely excited and a little nervous, as you can imagine. Upon arrival to Cape Town we will be staying with our host family in a bed and breakfast. Throughout my time there I, along with my instructor and other nursing students, will be working with different health care agencies, and a group called extreme response. Together we will perform health teaching for healthcare workers, in the community we’ll do door-to-door education and also conduct a health fair in a few of the townships. One township we will be working with in particular is called Masiphumelele or Masi for short. This is located in the southern part of the Cape Town peninsula. 

 All together including layovers this is going to be a 28 hour flight. So what did I pack in my carry on for such a long flight? Find out below in the WIMB: Travel Edition video. Connect with me on Twitter and Instagram to follow my journey through South Africa!

Thank you to all my family and friends that helped make this trip possible.




0 comments:

Post a Comment